Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Youth Media Awards

I'm so excited!

It's my very favorite time of the year.

Most people might think I mean a holiday, but very few people observe this particular date. Every year, the Youth Media Awards are given out. Yesterday, February 2nd, was this year's day. And every year, I get thrilled to see books I've read and loved represented, and I get excited to see books on the lists which I, somehow, hadn't heard of.

This year, there was a little bit of both. (Here are the full lists.)

My very favorite book from last year, Jandy Nelson's I'll Give You the Sun won both the Michael L. Printz award and a Stonewall honor. I'm so excited for such a great book.

But I missed The Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley and You Are (Not) Small by Anna Kang and illustrated by Christopher Weyant.

Unfortunately, only so many awards can be given, so a few of my favorites got snubbed.

Any books that you thought should have made the cut? Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment